Get ready to see more
The great outdoors is waiting to be discovered in the new California 6.1. The ultimate camping van is packed with all the right features to take your adventure to the next level. It’s customisable from head to toe, so you’re fully equipped for any road trip. Whether it’s flawless coastal roads, weaving mountain tracks or stunning desert highways, Australia has some of the most beautiful drives. All you have to do next is choose where to go.Book a Test Drive
Your home on the road
For the adventure seekers
Wherever you want to go, the California will take you there. An all-round adventurer, this compact camping van is comfortable and cosy from the driver’s seat to the bedroom.
Dream under the stars
More than capable of handling the day-to-day drive, the California is also built for day trips that turn into overnight adventures. The spacious cabin offers enough room to comfortably sleep 4, including the loft space which is fitted with a sprung bed base and comfort mattress. So, wherever you park up, you’ll catch some quality Zzzzs. It also boasts a comfortable, well thought-out interior with a three-seater convertible bench and Multiflex board doubling as extra luggage space when you need it.
Your window to the world
The California is proof that a small space doesn’t mean you compromise on comfort. As night falls, transform your camping van into a cosy bedroom to sleep 4 with the elevated roof. The standard manual elevating roof can be opened and closed easily or with the push of a button the optional electric roof can be opened via the Camping Van Control panel. You can also keep an eye on the vehicle angle and adjust the heating, it’s your convenient digital central unit.
Outdoor dining in the wild
Pull up and dine comfortably amongst lush mountain backdrops, clear water streams and hidden bush settings with the California 6.1’s side awning, camping table and camping chairs. Wherever your trip takes you, you can rest assured you will be prepared.
The engine and gearbox combinations ensure the California 6.1 has optimum performance so you can explore further. The 4MOTION all-wheel drive provides exceptional traction on virtually any terrain, while the DSG enhances driving comfort with its seamless shifting. If your journey takes you on the toughest slopes, reach the bottom in safety with optional Hill Decent Assist.3
Explore with confidence
The California 6.1 is fitted out with all the latest safety tech like Front Assist, Adaptive Cruise Control, and Blind Spot Monitoring with Lane Assist to keep you safe on every adventure.3
Safety as standard
Your guardian angel
California 6.1 is kitted out with a suite of innovative safety features as standard to assist you on the road.3
- Front Assist with City Emergency Brakes and Adaptive Cruise Control
- Multi-Collision Brake
- Crosswind Assist
- Lane Assist
- Blindspot Monitoring with Rear Traffic alert
- Front and Rear Park Distance Control with Rear View Camera
Your companion in adventure
The California 6.1 has a range of intuitive and innovative driver assist features that give you the confidence to explore further. Add the optional Highbeam Assist for those late-night drives, so all you need to concentrate on is the destination. And say goodbye to laps around the block looking for the perfect park. With the optional Park Assist, you can park anywhere with ease.3
Light the way
Your evenings are illuminated with LED interior lighting and the two reading lights in the roof console provide pleasant light for after-hours reading or working.
The LED daytime running lights add style and make you more visible on the road. While the optional LED headlights do more than you would expect. They give the vehicle an attractive signature light design while also providing a long-distance beam and large light volume, perfect for long trips on the road.
Functional with an adventurous side
With everything you need at your fingertips, the California 6.1. is full of well-thought-out details to transform any trip into an unforgettable experience.
High driving comfort.
Maximum comfort. total freedom
With the California 6.1, you’ll have a first-class seat on your next adventure with lumbar support, backrest tilt and adjustable armrests. This is a camping van that takes comfort seriously with all the latest in luxury and design including ventilation strips, swiveling reading lamps, blinds on the windows and swivel front seats. Rest your hands on the leather-covered multifunction steering wheel and feel the control. If the sun’s too bright or it’s time to call it a night, the shades in the cockpit and living room can black out the camping van giving you privacy and security.
All your tech mapped out
After a long day hiking, surfing and exploring, there's nothing better than returning to your California to kick back and relax. With an impressive range of standard equipment, including the latest touch-screen radio and navigation systems, integrated wireless App-Connect and optional digital cockpit.4
Healing and cooling
Perfect conditions, whatever the weather
Whether you’re in snowy mountains or beach bliss, the California 6.1. will acclimatise to your ideal temperature with the “Climatronic” air-conditioning system, so you’re always sunny side up. Special sensors adapt the air conditioning system’s cooling output to the power of the sun’s rays. For those chilli nights the auxiliary heater can be set to continuous operation ensuring a goodnight sleep.
Features & Colours
Customise Your Choice
Features of Beach
- California Beach is categorised as a passenger vehicle and may be subject to LCT charges
- Front swivel seats with lumber support and armrests
- Front Assist with City Emergency Brake (City EB) function and Adaptive Cruise Control
- Lane Assist, Side Assist with Rear Traffic Alert
- Manually operated pop-up roof, with slatted bed and mattress, canvas in Basalt Grey
- Power latching sliding doors - left and right
- Second battery
- Programable Parking heater
Candy White/Ascot Grey
Volkswagen Terms & Conditions +
- 1. Fuel consumption figures according to ADR 81/02 derived from laboratory testing. Factors including but not limited to driving style, road and traffic conditions, environmental influences, vehicle condition and accessories fitted, will in practice in the real world lead to figures which generally differ from those advertised. Advertised figures are meant for comparison amongst vehicles only.
- 2. Safety technologies are designed to assist the driver, but should not be used as a substitute for safe driving practices.
- 3. App-Connect is compatible for selected apps with the latest smartphone versions of iOS and Android, active data service, and connection cable (sold separately).
- 4. Optional accessories at extra cost. Overseas models are shown for illustrative purposes only. The above accessories may have an effect on fuel efficiency. Items such as sports equipment, cargo carriers and bike racks are shown for illustration purposes only.
- The Volkswagen Universal Traffic Recorder App (UTR App) is only for use in combination with the Universal Traffic Recorder (UTR/Dashcam) of Volkswagen Genuine Accessories. Its capabilities include live viewing, data management, a car finder function and being able to adjust the recorder’s settings. All functions of the Volkswagen UTR app require an active data service between the Universal Traffic Recorder and your smartphone. Configurations vary by model (Front only or Front/Rear camera). Consult your local Volkswagen Dealer for further information.